Why Use Rogers PORON® Foam? Because it’s awesome! Blog over.
Kidding, of course. We’ve got a lot more to say about it than that! PORON foam is an excellent material, but for valid reasons. For example:
- It can be cut neatly and bond to a variety of adhesives, which makes it straightforward to manufacture.
- It’s available in a wide range of thicknesses (0.43mm to 12.7mm), which makes it usable for a multitude of components.
But there’s so much more to it than these points. Here are five reasons you should use PORON Foam in your products:
- Strength and long-term endurance thanks to its compression set resistance.
- The material features low outgassing and non-fogging traits, which keep it from becoming fragile and disintegrating.
- It meets the flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302. Another interesting fact: It’s flame retardant without using additives!
- Because of its wide modulus range (2-90 psi at 25% deflection), it’s extremely flexible to design.
- While PORON is chemical resistant, it doesn’t use plasticizers or residual chemicals. This means it won’t corrupt your parts or machinery.
PORON has a lot going for it. That’s why it’s used in the creation of gaskets, seals, protective gear, sportswear, and more. If you’re interested in using it for your products or equipment but you have questions, please contact us today to learn more!
Get a Free Quote on Custom-Fabricated PORON Foam
American Flexible Products is a nation-wide converter of flexible materials—from foam to rubber to silicone and more. Every product is custom-cut and shaped to your design specs by our materials engineers.
We are an official Preferred Converter of products from Rogers Corporation, allowing us to custom fabricate Rogers’ PORON Urethane product lines.
Call (952) 368-4225 or fill out the form below and our material experts will help you choose the right grade, size, and shape for your prototype.
[tm_pb_contact_form_7 admin_label=”Contact Form 7″ id=”766″] [/tm_pb_contact_form_7]