An item’s size is often associated with strength. Bigger = better and stronger, right? That reasoning works for heavy-duty construction vehicles and bodybuilders, but it’s not always true. After all, sometimes, the strongest items come in the smallest packages.
One great example is 3M™ VHB™ Tape – a high-strength, double-sided acrylic foam tape that is strong enough to secure construction materials yet virtually invisible. Whether you’re unfamiliar with this high-quality tape or looking for creative ways to use it, this blog post is for you.
More Info on 3M™ VHB™ Tape
Designed for long-lasting, high-strength bonding applications, it makes sense that this tape is branded as VHB for “Very High Bond.” Part of the double-sided family of 3M tapes, 3M VHB is strong enough to replace screws, rivets, spot welds, and other fasteners and versatile enough to join many other materials. This tape is equal parts strong and easy to apply, with technology that seals and bonds the tape at the same time.
Unlike other tapes, 3M™ VHB™ Tapes are constructed from closed-cell acrylic foam, making for flexible, ultra-strong bonds that can be customized to different sizes. The innovative properties of 3M VHB have undergone rigorous testing and real-life applications, making it trustworthy, proven, and superior to other tapes.
What are the Benefits of 3M™ VHB™ Tape?
Used across multiple industries in near-countless applications, 3M VHB opens up a whole new world of manufacturing possibilities while providing a simple way to enhance existing products. Some of the key benefits of this type of tape include the following:
- Water Resistant – 3M™ VHB™ Tape is resistant to moisture, high and low temperatures, UV light, and even solvents.
- Super-Durable – In order to work, your tape must be durable. 3M™ VHB™ Tape is precisely that, and also helps prevent costly bi-metal corrosion.
- Dependable Bond – 3M™ VHB™ Tape can distribute static or dynamic stress across entire surfaces.
- Dampened Vibrations – This tape’s foam design makes for a quieter, smoother experience while minimizing wear-and-tear.
- Less Weight – Made using efficient, thin material, 3M™ VHB™ Tape means fewer components and ultimately less transportation cost.
Industries and Applications Where 3M™ VHB™ Tape Thrives
For more than 40 years, 3M VHB has been proven as a viable solution across many industries and can adapt to many types of applications. Here are some of the most common industries and uses of this incomparable tape:
- Metal Fabrication – Instead of welding and riveting, 3M VHB is easier to use and provides a lasting bond you can trust.
- Electronics – 3M™ VHB™ Tape’s unique design flexibility can be used in various electronic environments, including sealed devices.
- Signage – Because of its weather-resistant properties, this tape is excellent for indoor and outdoor signs and boasts an invisible bond.
- Construction – 3M™ VHB™ Tape is commonly found at construction sites and is great for exterior panel bonding because of its permanent adhesive and even distribution of stress loads.
Minnesota’s Premier 3M™ Preferred Converter
At American Flexible Products, we’re proud to be an official 3M™ Preferred Converter. This difficult-to-obtain status allows us to custom convert 3M brand products for our customers and their projects. With access to 3M-certified specialists and support to ensure your products are produced precisely and flawlessly, AFP is the top choice for your bonding and sealing tape needs.
Only some manufacturers can become a 3M Preferred Converter. We spent years as a Select Converter to acquire this highly coveted designation. Our material experts had to complete extensive product-specific training sessions while we ramped up the volume of 3M materials produced for our customers.
Given the effort to become a Preferred Converter, it’s understandable why this status is coveted and carefully awarded by 3M.
Get Your Free Quote on 3M™ VHB™ Tape
American Flexible Products is a nationwide converter of flexible materials—from foam to rubber to silicone and more. Every product is custom-cut and shaped to your design specs by our materials engineers. Whether you have questions about our products or services or would like a quote, contact us to speak with an owner. We’re ready to help.