The COVID-19 pandemic hit hard for many people and businesses. Fortunately, we were able to successfully adapt to the situation and maintain steady, solid performance.
AFP manufactures custom products for many industries that are considered “Essential Critical Infrastructure” according to the guidelines provided by the Department of Homeland Security. These include medical equipment manufacturers, emergency vehicle manufactures, food processing manufacturers, and the defense industrial base.
Because of this, we were able to remain open and fully operational throughout the entire pandemic in 2020 and 2021. However, we did have to alter how we did business. Changes included:
- Maintaining full compliance with State and Federal law so that we could continue to ensure Critical Manufacturing production and supply.
- Working closely with our supply chain to ensure continued supply of our purchase requirements.
- Requiring employees at all levels of operation to wear masks and follow strict safety and hygiene protocols.
- Work stations throughout the facility were spaced, at minimum to CDC guidelines of social distancing. This was able to be accomplished in large part because of our recent facility expansion which doubled our space.
- AFP also saw that raw material supply was starting to be hindered by COVID, having the foresight to bring in much more raw material than AFP normally holds as inventory. As much as customers staying operational as well as AFP simply being able to remain fully operational were integral parts of AFP’s continued success, having raw materials to work with was just as important. Had AFP not taken the steps we’ve taken, we would have shut down many production lines at AFP as well as our customers.
These are only a few examples of our evolution. Some of the updates will gradually decrease over time, but some practices have been instilled as permanent parts of our procedures.
Through all of the COVID challenges, we remained focused on one thing—serving our customers. Without them, nothing is possible. We want to give a big thank you to all of our customers who stayed with us over the last year and continue to do so!
Need Custom-Fabricated Flexible Materials? Contact Us to Get Your Quote!
American Flexible Products is a nationwide converter of flexible materials—from foam to rubber to silicone and more. Every product is custom-cut and shaped to your design specs by our materials engineers.