First, let’s start by discussing Rogers PORON® foam in general. PORON is an open cell microcellular urethane foam known for its steady performance under constant compression. Some equipment uses the material for several decades or longer because the material reliably holds its shape.
What About PORON 4701-30?
PORON 4701-30 is a polyurethane foam that’s extremely soft, pliable and easy to compress. Its optimal use is within tight spaces (Density range of .79 to 12.7 mm), but it’s a versatile material that can be used for numerous purposes.
Benefits of PORON 4701-30
- Adaptable: Easily converted into custom-cut shapes
- Highly compressible: Compression set resistance is excellent
- Tough and long-lasting: Instant rebound
- Sound reduction: Easy to bond to
Where PORON 4701-30 is Used
- Gaskets (Automobiles, LCD monitors, Enclosures and more)
- Vehicles (Sound/vibration absorption and dampening)
- Batteries and electronics (Padding and cushioning)
- Shoes and other athletic and protective gear (Shock absorption)
- And more
Get Your Free Quote on Custom-Fabricated PORON Foam
American Flexible Products is a nationwide converter of flexible materials—from foam to rubber to silicone and more. Every product is custom-cut and shaped to your design specs by our materials engineers.
We are an official Preferred Converter of products from Rogers Corporation, making AFP a great choice for your custom fabricated parts made of Rogers’ BISCO Silicones.